Sunday, October 5, 2014

Unit 8-D for Dinosaur

As always, here are some printables I found for this week:

This is one of the best free printables I've ever found.

Little E loved using clothespins for number clip cards before, so I found these dinosaur themed ones to use this week.

I downloaded this dinosaur matching worksheet for Little K to join in with the dinosaur fun.

These are the books we read this week. I loved the book How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You. It actually made me tear up (I'm such a sap!). I did not like How Do Dinosaurs Laugh Out Loud. It is a joke book but the jokes are way over a 4 year old's head, and some were just plain dumb. I won't be keeping that one in our collection. What Really Happened to the Dinosaurs is a book about Dinosaurs from a Christian perspective. I thought it would be over Little E's head, but she was intrigued by it.

At our co-op the little girls walked on eggs (would have gone perfectly with n for nest).



I also mixed it up a bit and threw in a little Abeka.

This is my favorite thing of the week. Little E made a picture of mom and dad and tried writing the words as well. Completely adorable first attempt at writing words. This one's a keeper!

Little E said her 6 looks like an apple. She has gotten so much better at pointing and counting slowly to ensure she counts the right number. 

Little K colored her own D for dinosaur worksheet.

Lastly, I evaluated which letters and sounds Little E knows. She's made a ton of progress in a short time!

Next week is O for Octopus! We will be learning all about the ocean and ocean animals. It should be a fun one!

No comments:

Post a Comment