Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 8-Almost Finished with First Quarter!

We are almost finished with our first quarter! I can't believe how fast time flies. Finding curriculum for MK continues to be a struggle. We've tried so much, and just haven't found the right fit for her. The latest adventure was Switched on Schoolhouse. I paid almost $300 for 3 subjects, and it's just not working for us. Sadly, I can't re-sell it. I vow to never buy curriculum again that you aren't allowed to resell. I am putting M back into Saxon math, which she did the last 2 years at school. H already uses Saxon. I have experience teaching it as well, and the spiral approach works well for my girls. I regret not just going with Saxon from the start, but now I know! Stick with what works!

T finished her first book this week! I am so proud of her. I actually cried for a minute after I took her picture. I am also thankful to Pizza Hut who extends their reading program to homeschoolers. T earned a coupon for a free personal size pizza. We will have to go use it next week.



The girls love their art class, and I'm constantly impressed with their creativity and skill.



H is absolutely loving her Circle C Adventures book Andrea Carter and the Long Ride Home. I'm thoroughly enjoying it as well. H will finish it this next week and then she will write a book report the following week. I'm excited to work on some writing skills with her. After that we will continue on with the next book in the series, Andrea Carter and the Dangerous Decision. The author provides free lesson plans and study guides for all of her books on her website. I am eternally grateful. They are wonderful!



I am really loving Rod and Staff math for T. It is thorough, to the point, and provides tons of practice. T's favorite part of math is when she gets to practice on the board.


I discovered Liberty Kids videos on YouTube thanks to the recommendation of a friend. History in the form of a cartoon couldn't be more perfect! Even the little girls were happy to sit and watch. In fact, K didn't want me to turn it off. I definitely recommend it for a unit study or even a "mom needs a break to make lunch" study. You can find some study guides on teachers pay teachers, but most of them cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment