Sunday, September 14, 2014

Unit 5 in My Father's World Kindergarten-N for Nest!

Little E is progressing so well through the MFW Kindergarten curriculum. I am so happy that I decided to go with it. This week focused on N for Nest! This weeks math introduced nickels. I expected it to be difficult for Little E to understand that 1 nickel equals 5 cents, just like 5 pennies equals 5 cents, but she caught on so quickly and easily. She loved tracing real money too.

If you haven't already noticed, I really love finding fun things to print out and laminate on TPT. My $20 laminator from Wal-Mart has been one of my best investments. I've had it for a few years now and use it weekly. I found some fun things this week.

This egg and nest number matching game is super cute!


I also found this egg and nest counting sheet. It was a great addition to math this week.

This emergent reader is perfect for little learners! I don't have a picture of this one, but it was Little E's favorite activity of the week. She absolutely loved having her own little book that she could "read" (memorize). She carried it around for 2 days.

This file folder game (though I didn't make it in a file folder) is perfect for learning colors. This would work great for younger tag-along siblings (it was way too easy for Little E but she still had fun with it).

This nest cut and paste activity goes perfectly with this unit!

 Check out these cute nests to use for sorting activities.

I found Abeka 2 year old preschool curriculum at a thrift store this week and will be using it with Little K (when she wants to do school). Have I ever mentioned that I just love thrift stores?

We have officially completed 5 weeks of school! I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment