Friday, September 5, 2014

Our week NOT using My Father's World Exploring Countries and Cultures

 Yes, you read that right! We are no longer using My Father's World Exploring Countries and Cultures. Now, let me say that there is NOTHING wrong with this program. It is a very solid program. However, at the end of the day (well 3 weeks) I had to go with what is going to work for my family during this season. You can read more about what we are now doing here. We are still doing geography and cultures, just a little differently.

So, we have jumped right in and stamped our passports for the United Kingdom this week! As always, I've found some great resources on TPT, including this research project on England and this England PowerPoint presentation.

The girls did a country fact sheet on England, mapped the UK, read about the culture using all the wonderful links on Easy Peasy's website, and got a general overview of the continent of Europe. I picked up a few different atlas' at Goodwill, and I am SO glad I did because each girl can use their own. Plus, different ones have information that other ones don't, so having a few makes it pretty well rounded. Buy all the atlas'!


 Easy Peasy has Around the World in 80 Days scheduled into their daily lessons. We read the first two chapters and got over it very quickly. I couldn't get into it, and neither could the girls, so we scratched that off the list. We are also not doing the online games that Easy Peasy has linked. However, the links to many different websites for each country is great! So we are "loosely" following Easy Peasy, but as always, I do my own thing as well. It must be the teacher in me.


They also created this awesome art at their art class. 


 It was a short week due to the holiday (only 3 days of actual school plus our co-op day), but we somehow managed to get everything squeezed in. Next week we are off to Greece and Norway!

No comments:

Post a Comment