Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 1 of ECC & MFW K

Week 1 of Exploring Countries and Cultures and MFW Kindergarten!

We started a week earlier than planned, but I think it was time! On the first day the exterminator came during school, and we went out to lunch for a special treat (not even drive-thru!). The first day went very smoothly.






The second day didn't go quite so smoothly. I overslept and when I woke up I was panicking and also really mad at myself! I got the big girls started on an assignment and then got myself ready to go because MK had an orthodontist consultation (braces here we come!). I brought along Little E's work with us, and she completed her worksheets in the dentist office. She loved the handwriting page! She said, "This is awesome work!". We came home and started our ECC work, which mainly included a John 3:16 poster. This caused some melt downs because we only had thick paint brushes and the girls were getting upset because their painting wasn't perfect. Little K and Little E had a blast though. 


Wednesday was a normal day, at home all day (finally!). We did the backyard habitat project for ECC but our backyard is extremely boring, so it wasn't that much fun.


Thursday the girls had some classes with our local homeschooling group. Little E had a blast in her science lab class! Little K worked on her worksheets while we waited for the big girls. We didn't do anything else the rest of the day, and I think I may make Thursday's our half day.

We finished our first week with a trip to the Musical Instrument Museum. It was pretty awesome! They had a room for each continent, and in each continent there was a section for each country. We got a little sampling of music and culture from almost every country in the WORLD! What a great way to kick of ECC!


In future weeks I will probably do separate posts for MFW ECC and MFW K.

No comments:

Post a Comment