Wednesday, July 23, 2014

More on Organization

I was asked about how I use the Ikea magazine holders for organization. So, I thought I'd add more detailed pictures to show how I use them.

The labels do not all match (which drives me a little bit crazy). The colored bee labels were from my classroom. One of these days I will get around to making new all matching labels. Basically I've organized my books in a way that makes sense to me, typically by topic. I spent way too many years in the classroom looking for a specific book and having no idea where it was, even though I knew I had it. 

 The middle shelves do not fit the magazine holders. Here I have various Bibles and random books. At the end is my bowl of rocks. Little E and Little K used to visit me everyday at work during lunch and Little E would always collect rocks for me. At some point I saw on Facebook something about treasuring the rocks and sticks and things your children give you, because it's the only gift they can give you, so I've never been able to get rid of these rocks. I plan to do something more creative and decorative with them eventually.  I also have my extra magazine holders here, because I keep changing it up. Once I feel like it's "final" I will probably put them away.
 Curriculum specific books are mostly here on the bottom.
 I'm determined to collect all the American Girl books. I also have more curriculum books here.
 Here are my Moncure letter books, a set of "Help Me Be Good" books, and my ECC books, along with some flashcards in a tub. On the next shelf is Tag books, alphabet books, community helpers, math flashcards, Handwriting Without Tears letter pieces, play-doh toys, and a boxed set of grammar books.
 On the bottom I have Bob Books, "If You.." books, and storage containers with various items. I also have my All About Spelling box here.
 On the top I have things that I don't want the kids to be able to reach, or there just wasn't room anywhere else for.
 This Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree was another thrift store find that I LOVE! Sadly, it's missing some of the letters :(
To summarize, I organized in a way that made sense to me so I could find what I wanted easily. I also tried to make everything fit. I have de-cluttered A LOT in order to fit everything. I had 8 years and almost 2 classrooms full of stuff to go through!

No comments:

Post a Comment