Monday, August 25, 2014

Week 2 of Exploring Countries and Cultures

Week 2 of ECC

I have to admit I'm a little bored with ECC right now. Next week we move onto the United States, and I think I will enjoy it much more once we start digging deeper into different countries. This week we learned more general geography which included the 5 oceans. We learned about latitude and longitude. Little K had fun walking all over the map when we weren't looking.
These are Rod and Staff's bee charts that I painfully made. I learned a lesson making these: Only buy Crayola crayons. The off-brand crayons are terrible! Although these posters were a pain to make they are very helpful for addition fact families.

 I don't have many pictures this week. On Wednesday we met a friend for ice cream in the middle of the day, and Thursday we had our homeschool group classes. I think I didn't take many pictures because there just wasn't too much interesting stuff going on in Week 2 of ECC.

 The girls made a cake of the world (which we actually made day 1 of week 3). I didn't help at all. I didn't even turn the oven on! MK and H made the cake and H and T frosted it. MK didn't want to be in the picture because her hair wasn't done (teens!). Everyone enjoyed eating it.


Off to America! Looking ahead, it seems to pick up the pace a bit, so I'm looking forward to that. I think we will all really enjoy it more in 2 weeks when we move on to other countries and get our "passports".  

No comments:

Post a Comment