Sunday, July 26, 2015

A New Nation is Born

Note: I'm having a hard time finding free resources on the topics this week for younger students. I will probably re-visit this and create my own little printout of the basic points for this lesson, but for now, here you go.
 
Results of the War for Independence-

Read about the effects of the American Revolution.

National Instability-

Read about the economic crisis of the 1780's.

State Constitutions-

Read about state constitutions after the American Revolution.

Mount Vernon (Virginia) Conference and Annapolis Convention (1785-1786)-

Read about the Mount Vernon Compact and the Annapolis Convention.

Shay's Rebellion (1786-1787)-

View this PowerPoint on Shay's Rebellion.

Study this cause and effect thinking map of Shay's Rebellion.

Constitutional Convention (May-September 1787)-

Watch this rap video: (Note: this is a rap video. I watched the entire thing, and it doesn't say anything bad, and in my opinion gives information in a very clever way, but if you do not like rap music, then I would suggest an alternate video)


Alternate video (not as fun but still very informative... in my opinion):

Younger students can make this United States Constitution mini book.

No comments:

Post a Comment